Adaped from a Martha Stewart recipe.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
Old World (14% abv): Crimson Swirl, Calle 31, Foreign Affairs, Idyll Drive;
New World (8% abv): Romantic Notions, Special Affects, Another Place in Time
1. With a fine grater, zest, then juice the orange.
2. With the flat side of a knife, press firmly on the cardamom pods to buise them.
3. In a large pot (not aluminum), combine zest, juice, star anise, cardamom, cloves, allspice, peppercorns, cinnamon, wine, and honey.
4. Cook over medium heat, stirring until honey dissolves (1-2 minutes).
5. Reduce heat to low and simmer until flavors have melded (about 30 minutes). Pour through a fine mesh sieve; garnish with either a cinnamon stick or a star anise. Serve immediately.
Subscribe to our newsletter and always be the first to hear about what is happening.
© 2018 Van Wijk Winery