Tickets on sale now!
Event Date/Time: 05/13/23 from 10:00 am - Noon
Join us in this Dutch Letter Homestead event and learn how to make your own homemade Ginger Bug and Water Kefir using a natural spontaneous primary fermentation - AND take your Ginger Bug or Water Kefir to the next level into a secondary fermentation to make various Sodas (Your choice between Root Beer, Cream Soda, and other naturally flavored Sodas).
In this experience, you will watch a demonstration with instructions to make Ginger Bug and Water Kefir and learn about the benefits of probiotic rich beverages to support gut-health and overall wellness, and how to make your own deliciously flavored sodas to replace unhealthy store-bought sodas. You will enjoy samples of various pre-made fermented beverages (e.g. Apple Cider Vinegar, Kombucha, Gingerale, Pineapple Tepache, and Switchel*). This is a Van Wijk Winery co-sponsored "Live Local" event. Love where you live!
Before purchasing tickets, choose your level of participation:
1. Hands-On Experience: Ticket price includes printed instructions, ingredients, watch a presentation with interactive discussion, hands-on guidance while you make and take home a jar of either Ginger Bug or Water Kefir, and a flip-top bottle of your choice of naturally flavored soda to kick-off the secondary fermentation at home. Receive ongoing support when you contact firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Ticket Type: Hands-On (HON)
2. Observe Only: Ticket price includes the opportunity to watch and listen to the presentation and be included in the discussion points. Additionally, there may be a day-of option to upgrade your class experience by buying ingredients and materials to take home.
Purchase your tickets online now:
2. Ticket Type: Observe Only (OON)
- HON - Early Bird Price: $25.00 each for the first 10 tickets sold.
- HON - General Admission - $30.00 per person for the remaining 10 tickets.
- OON - Early Bird Price: $12.00 each for the first 5 tickets sold.
- OON - General Admission - $15.00 per person for the remaining 5 tickets.
Limited space available - deadline to purchase tickets is end of day May 09, 2023 (this event sells out after 30 tickets or each type are sold or by end of day May 09).
No walk-ins can be accepted.
Must be age 21+ to participate.
This is a non-refundable ticket that you can transfer to another person.
* Switchel - an old fashioned sweet, sour, and spicy beverage also known in the farming community as "hay-maker's punch". It is made of ginger, apple cider vinegar, and honey and is refreshing, invigorating, and provides electrolytes for our bodies.