Food: Bring Your Own Food (BYOF) - What's Allowed?
Van Wijk Winery now allows our customers to Bring You Own Food (BYOF) to non-ticketed event dates and times.
Here are the Rules of the Road:
Beverages: Absolutely NO outside beverages of any type may be brought into or anywhere else on winery premises - including water. Please be respectful - as a friendly reminder, if you happen to forget this rule, you will be asked to either remove or throw away any beverages you brought to winery premises.
Select from a variety of Wines, Beers, Bloody Mary Mix to make Red Beer, and Red Bull, Special Coffees, Italian Sodas, Teas, Hot or Cold Specialty Beverages, Water and more at the Winery.
Tasting Room: Our Tasting Room stops doing free tastings at 6:00 pm. Refer to the website for tasting limits and for requirements related to group tastings.
Food: You may choose from either of the following options:
Bring Your Own: You are allowed to bring your own food to the winery, but we expect our guests to strictly abide by the following rules & regulations:
- Food Containers containing food items are permitted (e.g.s Picnic baskets, Bags, or Backpacks). However, Coolers (of any size) will NOT be allowed.
- Alcohol of any kind, including pre-purchased Van Wijk Wines, is not allowed. All food containers will be subject to search for alcohol or other beverages. Those items will be immediately confiscated.
- Convenience Charge - if you forget your tableware, you can purchase tableware for $1/pp per item at the Tasting Room bar.
- Local Menus: Plan your visit and pre-order and pick up from either The Coffee Cup Café, Casey's Pizza, La Rose Marie Bakery, The Sully Locker, or your favorite store or restaurant. Some food establishments will deliver to the winery under certain circumstances - and possibly only during certain hours. Local Menus will be provided to the winery soon.
- Please Note: Deliveries of your food to the winery are only allowed while you are present at the winery to receive and care for it! Van Wijk Winery staff cannot be responsible for outside food brought into or delivered to you.
- Winery Walk-In Menu: Limited selection of cheese plates and dips (while supplies last). Groups are strongly encouraged to pre-order and pre-pay at least a week in advance of their visit to ensure we have enough supplies. Occasionally, the winery will host Food Trucks or Caterers as part of our Walk-in Menu and will publish the dates and times.
Q&A: What are the food options at Van Wijk Winery?
- Bring You Own Food from:
- Home - no coolers or any kind of beverage
- Local Restaurants - Menus:
- Coffee Cup Cafe - Option to deliver
- Casey's Pizza -
- The Sully Locker -
- La Rose Marie Bakery -
- Your Favorite Stores or Restaurants
- What if I forget my tableware? Winery can provide for a $1pp Convenience Fee per item (Plastic ware wrapped in napkin, plate, cup, clam shell)
- Can I bring my own food during the day? Yes, but only if it is not during a non-ticketed event date or time. Before you arrive at the winery, check the Hours & Events calendar for published events and read the description. Please DO NOT bring your own food to either Ticketed or Special Events as they are typically catered (unless the event specifically states that you you are allowed to bring your own food).
- Will Van Wijk Winery continue to offer any food?
- Walk-In Menu - Limited Cheeses and Meat, Cheese, Cracker plates, and Dips & Chips (while supplies last)
- Gift Shop: Pre-Packaged Foods
- Wood-Fired Pizza - seasonal special events
- Food Trucks and Caterers - occasionally
- Is the winery kitchen closed? No, but we are limiting our Walk-in Menu and allowing our customers to bring their own food.
- Does the winery provide table service? No, it's not our goal to be a restaurant. However, our staff will deliver items from our Walk-in Menu and Specialty Beverage Menu to your table so that you do not need to wait.
- How do I order food and beverages from the winery? All food and beverage orders are accepted at the Tasting Room Bar. The winery is not staffed to handle orders outside of this process, and this process allows proper tracking of orders and fulfillment.
- Can I store the food that I bring to the winery premises in the winery refrigerator? No, not under any circumstances. The winery food license does not allow it.
- Can I use the winery microwave or stove to heat the food that I bring to the winery premises? No, not under any circumstances. The winery food license does not allow it.
- When I bring my infant to the winery, can I bring baby milk with me to put it into my baby's bottle? Yes, but please remember that no coolers are allowed on winery premises, so it needs to be stored in the infant's bag. Please remember that the winery cannot accommodate heating or cooling of anything that you bring to the winery premises.
- Who disposes of food packaging that either I bring to or have delivered to me at the winery premises? Clean up and disposal of food and food packaging either brought by you or delivered to you at the winery premises is your responsibility. In order for the winery to control costs and maintain prices for its customers, the winery does not staff-up to handle busing of your table(s) - with the exception of food ordered from its walk-in menu.
- Does the winery provide trash receptacles to help me dispose of my food and food packaging? Yes, there are several receptacles availalble - please let our staff know if you are not able to located one.