Part-time Positions Available – pay is based on
level of experience and positive results.
Maintenance Assistant – Operations (PT): Maintains a clean, sanitary, comfortable, and tidy environment for the Winery and Campus – flexible hours.
- Responsible for general safety and security of facility, furnishings, and equipment.
- Relays all pertinent information/issues/needs/ideas to management staff members as appropriate.
- Completes all daily maintenance requests and reports any unfinished work to maintenance management.
- Inspects all equipment for proper functioning on a regular basis.
- Duties will include mowing, weeding, trimming, and snow removal
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Cooperative spirit in working with peers, supervisors, clients, and guests.
- Problem-solving skills in maintenance requests.
- Must have physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel, and bend.
- Must have ability to lift, push, and pull required loads (up to 45 lbs.)
Wine Tasting Room Associates (PT)
- Duties include conducting wine tastings at the Tasting Bar with a friendly and professional attitude; educating; entertaining; promoting our wines and gifts and the region in general.
- Clean and maintain the Tasting Room, Gift Shop, and Bistro areas; ensure all areas are superbly clean and customer facing, wash glasses, organize and stock supplies, track wine stock used for tasting and selling retail.
- Must complete Iowa ABD iPACT certification and customer safety, and to help train new staff in methods and procedures.
- Outgoing, strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are required.
- Strong ability to learn and aptly use the Point of Sale.
- Must be able to work mainly nights and weekends, and remain standing and actively working for up to 10 hours with limited breaks.
Sales Lead Representatives in Iowa (PT)
- Conduct monthly wine tastings
Promote winery visits, create healthy relationships with store personnel, and build store confidence that our wine inventory will have an acceptable inventory turns.
- Send weekly store Inventory, customer care (count bottles, face, row, dust and align bottles and price labels during your store visits)
- Schedule and conduct monthly In-Store Tastings to help build awareness of our brand quality and selection.
- Base pay plus opportunity to earn additional Commission
Key Competencies for all positions:
- Customer focus
- Team work
- Commitment to ethics and integrity
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Social responsibility
- Communicating effectively
- Demonstrating professionalism
When you join the Van Wijk Winery team, you’ll be given unique and challenging assignments that leverage your unique talents, skills, and education. Prove yourself, and your opportunities can grow with our company. Our family-owned business means we create an entrepreneurial environment that requires us to work both independently and closely together. And as many of our employees will tell you, a record of achievement in one area may open the door to opportunities in another.