Part-time Positions Available - Apply today by emailing us at:
Pay is based on level of experience and demonstration of positive results.
Wine Tasting Room Associates (PT)
- Must be able to work mainly Friday or Saturday nights and some regularly scheduled Saturdays, and remain standing and actively working for up to 10 hours with limited breaks.
- Duties include conducting wine tastings at the Tasting Bar with a friendly and professional attitude; educating; entertaining; promoting our wines and gifts and the region in general.
- Clean and maintain the Tasting Room, Gift Shop, and Bistro areas; ensure all areas are superbly clean and customer facing, wash glasses, organize and stock supplies, track wine stock used for tasting and selling retail.
- Must complete Iowa ABD iPACT certification and customer safety, and to help train new staff in methods and procedures.
- Outgoing, strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are required.
- Strong ability to learn and aptly use the Point of Sale.
Inventory & Sales Specialist (Remote Stores)
Seeking Part-time Inventory & Sales Specialists to do in-store wine tastings for Wine & Spirits departments within your local Iowa grocery or wine store. Starting pay is between $10/hr and $13/hr, depending on the number of inventories and tastings you are available to do per month. We do not pay for mileage, so please be sure to only apply for a position within your community or a nearby community.
Winery Building & Grounds Assistant (PT): Maintains a clean, sanitary, comfortable, and tidy environment for inside the Winery and for its outdoor Campus – must be willing to work flexible and seasonal hours, with widely-varying hours:
- Assists with general safety and security of facility and furnishings.
- Building duties may include necessary and pre-event cleaning and maintenance requests; reports any unfinished work to management.
- Grounds duties may include maintenance of landscaping, mowing, weeding, trimming, and snow removal
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Relays all pertinent information/issues/needs/ideas to management as appropriate.
- Cooperative spirit in working with peers, supervisors, clients, and guests.
- Problem-solving skills in cleaning and maintenance requests.
- Must have physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel, and bend.
- Must have ability to lift, push, and pull required loads (up to 55 lbs.)
Key Competencies for all positions:
- Customer focus
- Team work
- Commitment to ethics and integrity
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Social responsibility
- Communicating effectively
- Demonstrating professionalism
When you join the Van Wijk Winery team, you’ll be given unique and challenging assignments that leverage your unique talents, skills, and education. Prove yourself, and your opportunities can grow with our company. Our family-owned business means we create an entrepreneurial environment that requires us to work both independently and closely together. And as many of our employees will tell you, a record of achievement in one area may open the door to opportunities in another.